3.55 SG Wanted

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well here is how it goes. My dad has a 3.91 in his car and he wants to go with a higher gear. He wants a 3.55. His is a 71 Road runner with a 340 Auto. My car is a 318 Demon with a 4speed and I want a set of 3.91's. My dad wont give me the gears unless I find him a aset of 3.55's to replace them so that is why I am looking for them for a decent price.

Jeff

Like I said.. For What? Nobody can help you if you don't tell them the rearend you need them for. I may not be able to help you, but somebody here probably can. Is it for an 8.25, or 8.75?

Well I said case. I am under the impression that the 8.75 is the only rear end with a removable case.(100%) It is for an 8.75. When I said I wanted a case I meant the removable pumpkin not just a set of gears.

Jeff

Look on the case and tell us the last three digits. The number is located on the drivers side of the case.

741,742,489 ?

I appreciate your help but I know what the differences in cases are and I am aware of how the cases work and all of that. I am trying to get a 8 3/4 drop out with 3.55 gears and a SG. Somehow somewhere along the line people are becoming confused at the original posts purpose and what not.

got one 650.00 + ship 3034524709 phil

I appreciate your help but I know what the differences in cases are and I am aware of how the cases work and all of that. I am trying to get a 8 3/4 drop out with 3.55 gears and a SG. Somehow somewhere along the line people are becoming confused at the original posts purpose and what not.

I just figured you might wanted to replace you dad's with exactly what he had that's all. The 489 is the strongest of the three another words.

Suregrip355489.jpg

I will check to see if any of my extra third members are 3.55SGs. I think they are all 3.23s.

BTW: Jeff, is your Demon Plum Crazy (or a version of it) and aren't you located in Carlsbad/Oceanside?

Its actually black but I am located in Oceanside yes. I appreciate you looking. Also Cracked back how much are you wanting for that case and what casting is it. Also if I am not mistaken that is a cone type SG correct?

Thanks again
Jeff

I have a nice 741 case 3.55 geared sure-grip 3rd member for sale Jeff. I picked it up to use in a project that didn't happen. It was dirty from setting so I disassembled it and cleaned it and inspected everything real good and found no flaws at all. I checked the gear mesh pattern and it is right on. I also painted it and put a new seal in it. It is a cone type but the insides of the sure-grip looks fantastic. I haven't ever seen a cone type this good. Looks like it doesn't have very many miles on it.

$425 plus shipping. If your interested let me know your zip code and I'll get you a shipping quote.

Here's a bunch of pictures I took when I was going through it. You'll see how little wear there is on the parts.

Thanks, Tracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back