3.7 Dodge PCV system?

-
Here are some pics. I really Appreciate Everyone that has taken the time.to reply

View attachment 1715875748

View attachment 1715875749

View attachment 1715875750

Top picture is remainder of EGR tube, cut off, and sealed with hose. If you had an EGR, that tube would go to the valve, which would be bolted to rear of head , as described by others and me. Second picture, is one of the PCV nipples, doesnt look like a valve that was used on a later engine. Is there another nipple / fitting on the rear of the right head?
Third picture, bolt is screwed into fitting that PCV hose would attach to.

Top picture is remainder of EGR tube, cut off, and sealed with hose. If you had an EGR, that tube would go to the valve, which would be bolted to rear of head , as described by others and me. Second picture, is one of the PCV nipples, doesnt look like a valve that was used on a later engine. Is there another nipple / fitting on the rear of the right head?
Third picture, bolt is screwed into fitting that PCV hose would attach to.
Thank You Sir! Now I get it, kinda. So, the valve up top, if I remove it, causes the engine to Rev up. A friend helped figure that , but he said the other end would be in the exhaust. I'll go out right now with a light and confirm the passenger side nipple. I'm almost positive there is one there!

Yes Sir, there is there a hose coming from the airbox to be nipple on engine left. Drivers side is open.

20220222_223249.jpg

20220222_223702.jpg

Just for the Record, I would Never do any kind of hacking to anything, I'd rather not do it, at all, ESPECIALLY to A Mopar ( yeah I know, the Dakota don't really qualify, but it's how I go to work). Is there Any Way, possible remedies, that are low cost? Could it be another issue? What do I do? The thing was backyard boogied by someones mechanics, and I have No way to reach them. To see if they have spare parts laying round. Best I can figure, is, when they did the engine, It came from a different year truck, and they just hacked and rigged everything they could to get it in, on the rim, and out the door..

Last edited:
Don't pull out that tube from the upper intake, that was the EGR- huge vacuum leak, that's why the engine revs. Go to dealer or check online for PCV harness. Unless,you feel you can make one? You'll want to connect a hose to the exposed nipple on the driver's side, and then adapt it to fit the fitting, the bolt is screwed into, on the passenger side of the intake plenum. I was thinking these had a "Y" type harness connecting both heads and the intake, but guess not. That will be the evacuation setup of the PCV, and will take care of your engine's breathing issues. The fresh air/breather comes from the hose connected between the valve cover and air cleaner/duct/box (I can't remember exactly which one). Now, that tube-for the EGR- it never went to the exhaust. It was attached to the EGR valve itself. The valve mounts on a pad as someone else described, that was cast into the left head. It contained passages from the exhaust portion of the head. When the EGR valve opened, it directed that exhaust into the intake, via that tube that has been hacked. So, you will likey never have a working EGR on this, unless the head was originally machined /cast for it. You may get lucky -It may be possible a block off plate was mounted to it, instead of an EGR valve, but I doubt it. After you get the PCV system together as I described, disconnect your battery, to wipe out the adaptive memory. This will get the engine to learn to run with a working PCV.

Last edited:
-
Back