3/8 fuel sending unit on ebay

-
Except for the return line fitting it looks exactly like the one I got off of ebay and installed the other day. Mine came from Frederick Dodge, if I recall, and cost over $100. The pickup tube hits the bottom of the tank (my tank is brand new) preventing it from seating properly.

You can't get a tubing bender on it and it's very stout. I pulled the sock off, put something in the end of the tube to keep from crushing it, gently clamped it in a vice, and bent it upward. I shoved the sock back on as far as it would go and installed it. The sock touches the bottom of the tank.

What part of WA are you in? I lived in Spokane for many (too many) years. I had that problem but it was because the used tank was dented on the bottom.
Bruce

Except for the return line fitting it looks exactly like the one I got off of ebay and installed the other day. Mine came from Frederick Dodge, if I recall, and cost over $100. The pickup tube hits the bottom of the tank (my tank is brand new) preventing it from seating properly.

You can't get a tubing bender on it and it's very stout. I pulled the sock off, put something in the end of the tube to keep from crushing it, gently clamped it in a vice, and bent it upward. I shoved the sock back on as far as it would go and installed it. The sock touches the bottom of the tank.

I ran into the SAME damn problem. At Carlisle last year, the guys at Vanns went through all of theirs (they were selling the units) and about half of them were no good. They know the good units from the bad, beware this $49.00 unit may be one of those senders returned to the manufacturing vendor

-
Back