3" duals on my 74 duster

-
D

dust4fun

I have a 1974 Duster with an 8 3/4 rear end. I was wondering where the suggested place to run my pipes over the axle. If anyone has pics that would be really appreciated. thanks.

3" is cool but you need serious business going on under the hood to need it.

You can order tail pipes in 3" from TTI.

2 1/5" is as much as most people will ever need.

I bought the Summit 3" from summit, and had it installed on my 73 Duster for my 408 Stroker. It was a lot of trial and error to get it to fit without hitting anything. If I had to do it over, I would go 3" to the mufflers, and 2.5" over the axels, or maybe 2.5" all the way. I will say, though, that it flows quite well, and my 1/4 ET's are as good with the 3" as they were beforewith open headers! Mine had a Dana, bu the axle tubes are the same size.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

thanks for the pics. the reason i'm going with 3" is cuz i was able to salvage some really good 3" pipes off a truck. and hey free is always good right?

Does anyone have pics of their 3" exhaust in the front? I had to basically hammer the top of mine to get it to tuck under the body...

Does anyone have pics of their 3" exhaust in the front? I had to basically hammer the top of mine to get it to tuck under the body...

Mine were flattened a bit here (red arrow) on the Pass side, but once it was installed completely, we found it was not needed.

008.jpg

I have 3in X pipe to 2.5 flows I think Im going to put tail pipes on, its a little loud

-
Back