3" exhaust system

-

z_daddy

z_daddy
Reaction score
Help!!! Ok got the 273 hp in my 68ply val with heddmen headers 3" collectors / bought a 3 " exhaust system and ran into a problem the passinger side header is upward more the than the driverside so my pipes won't fit. They hit tranny crossmember they are 3" dia x 3' long !this is where I need help hooking my pipes to headers any body every run into this ? So any ideas to make it work? Tkx

you my need to tweek it a little with a pipe bender none of that stuff ever fits without some minor mods

Yea that would be ok if I had one . What's your thoughts on flex pipe ( jst temp) to get it together?

Got a mig welder?If so use a cut off wheel to and put some slices in the pipe,bend it where it needs to go and weld it up.

Best solution is to get some mandrel bent pipe sections from summit racing and use sections of them welded together to route the exhaust through the cross member.

If It was me, I would pay a little bit to a Good Muffler shop to make the bend for me.

Is your tranny crossmember notched for dual exhaust? TTI headers has a diagram on their web site with the measurements.

It must be the headers you are running that are making it a pain. On mine I got a 3 x pipe on with cut out right after the headers and fits nicely. But It could be because I changed the transmission mount to the round type. If no other way summit has Intermediate Pipes for your problem.

-
Back