3" muffler suggestions

-

MOPARCODY

Reaction score
hey guys, i just upgraded to the tti headers on my early a body and went with the 3" collectors. i want to find a pair of high flowing but semi quiet/deep sounding mufflers. i plan to dump the exhaust through the rear portion of the leaf spring and axle. i would go all the way back but since my springs are moved in and its quarter tubbed i just dont have the room. i absolutely hate the standard flowmaster sound just because of how raspy it is. id like a round muffler with a straight through design.

any input would be great. heres what it sounds like with the hooker headers and 2.5 exhaust with dynomax race bullets. wayy too loud

[ame]https://youtu.be/Ynn6yX7eFWc[/ame]

"Semi-quiet"? That's going to mean 10 different things to 10 different people. UltraFlo's have a nice tone and are deep sounding at idle, but I don't think that are "quiet" (IMO). I'm not going to slip by the neighbors at 6am that's for sure! They'll be quieter than bullets though.

I know this isn't a direct answer to your question. On my Demon I'm running TTIs and will be running 3" with the ultra flows. It has springs moved to frames with mini tub. I plan to have tail pipes made that go over axle to the outside of springs and to run 16" race mufflers in the tail pipes as "resonators". Don't know how loud it'll be but I'm thinking when I get to that point that it should have a nice rumble but not be as raspy.

-
Back