3-point seat belts 68 fish conv.

-
Reaction score
Has anyone installed 3-point seat belts in a 68 barracuda conv? My wife feels unsafe riding with only a lap belt. I would like to install 3-point belt but can not find a good place for the shoulder belt anchor bolt.:read2:

The only way i have figured out how to do it and be able to depend on it is to install Sebring convertible seats. They have them built in to the seats. Of course that will not work if you want to keep the original seats.

I was thinking of trying a setup like the mid 80's mustangs have where the belt goes into the top of the rear side panel and mounts to the floor behind the panel. Still will need a guide where the top belt goes over the seat, I was going to add one before I upholstered, don't know what you could do if you already have good upholstery. The F150 pickups and I believe the newer Chrysler verts have the belt built into the seat, I was going to look into that also. Let us know what you may come up with.

Dave

The problem with doing the belts like a mustang is the rear panels on the a body convertible is thin and plastic. Not to mention rarer then hens teeth. If you do the Sebring seasts you neet to get them from a 1st gen check out this link for some good info. http://corvairkid.com/sebring.htm

Thanks for the input to date. The problem of this installation is the interior was redone about 18 months ago. That would have been the best time to install if possible. Your are right about the rear side panels, mine are not great but have not found any better in over two years of looking.

-
Back