[WANTED] 3 Spd Wipers Crank Arm for Wiper Motor (74 A-body)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bookmaker

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I need a crank arm that connects the three-speed wiper motor to the wiper transmission linkage for a 74. I am converting from two-speed wipers to three-speed. My understanding is that the crank arms are different.

You will also need to change the drive link from the pivot to the crank arm it is different from 2-speed to 3-speed on a 74 The link you need is 3431685 I am out of them right now but i am sure some members here will have it for you

You will also need to change the drive link from the pivot to the crank arm it is different from 2-speed to 3-speed on a 74 The link you need is 3431685 I am out of them right now but i am sure some members here will have it for you

The drive link is what I meant. The small piece that attaches to the shaft of the motor. I think the rest of the wiper linkage is the same for both. Correct?

The drive link is what I meant. The small piece that attaches to the shaft of the motor. I think the rest of the wiper linkage is the same for both. Correct?

The drive link is the flat long link that connects the crank with pin on the motor to the drivers side pivot and is different for a 2-speed than a 3-speed. This is a commonly overlooked and not known to many fact and why they have problems keeping link bushings on the pivots when changing from 2 to 3-speed. The part number on your car for the 2-speed drive link is 3431684 and the drive link you need for the 3-speed is 3431685. The connecting link 3431688 that connects the R & L pivots is the same for a 2-speed or 3-speed. As you first mentioned you will also need the 3-speed crank with pin which goes on the end of the motor as well, part number for it is 3431687 These parts are easily identified by the Chrysler part numbers being stamped right on them

OK, so I've got the drive link and the crank w/pin on order. I know I will need a new switch.

It also looks like the wiring harness for the three speed motor is different. Does anyone have a part number or source for that?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back