3 speed shifter F body fit A ?

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
I have a 3 speed shifter,handle,and rods that I pulled from a F body wagon years ago.I assume it was a 3 speed overdrive in the F body.Can I change my 71 Duster to floor shift and use this set up.I believe it will work but I am not sure...

Thanks,Jim

It has a funny handle.If I remember right 3 bolts hold it on.Is it easy to find another handle?

So this is what I have from a F body wagon.Am I missing a mounting bracket?I think the diamond shape plate mounts to the tranny right?I pulled this from a car years ago so I am not sure.Thanks,Jim

Attachments

• SharkT 037.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 152
  • SharkT 038.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 121
  • SharkT 039.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 123
  • SharkT 040.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 124
No, it's gonna be a double barreled bastard to find a different handle. Probably better off either using a different shifter or making a handle using the base you have.

I think the handle will clean up and it was out of a bench seat car and I have a bench seat.The diamond shaped plate bolts to the tranny right?

Looks like the shifter that was in my 75 Duster. It would get stuck in 2nd gear, would have to crawl under the car and pop the mechanism to get it out of second. That really sucked in snow. Went to a little junk yard and told him what I was looking for, he says "Does it have weird bends in the handle?" Walks to a shed and here was the exact same shifter hanging, bought it for probably $5-10 replaced it with the one in the car and never had anymore trouble. If I still had the handle I would send it your way, but sold the shifter with the trans and the other one probably got thrown in scrap metal and hauled away. Sorry for the hijack.

No where on the tranny to bolt it to.So I guess it is for sale.

Can you post a pic of the trans and shifter?

Nevermind. Just the transmission. I scrolled up. lol

Pic of shifter and handle in post #4.Trannny in car I saw no holes where I could bolt the shifter bracket to.

-
Back