3 speed tranny mounts 65 Valiant

-

65 wagon

Reaction score
Not sure if it's just me....But I went to replace the tranny mount for the 65 wagon & the mount has 2 bolts that attach to the cross member while the replacement mount only has one bolt!! ALso the newer mount is almost 1/2" taller than the original. (The original has steel on both sides so it didn't shrink)
Is there a different block style mount for the earlier A bodies? I couldn't find any images or pictures in my search. See picture below & fell free to enlighten me!
Original oin left.....Aftermarket "A2272" on right

DSCN2631.jpg

The 1-stud mount is a service replacement for the 2-stud mount. It's just fine, don't worry about the "missing" stud. The new mount is taller than the old one because the old one is sagged out and dead. Go ahead and install; you're fine.

The 1-stud mount is a service replacement for the 2-stud mount. It's just fine, don't worry about the "missing" stud. The new mount is taller than the old one because the old one is sagged out and dead. Go ahead and install; you're fine.
-------------------------------------
Thanks Dan, That's just what I did. It fit fine. I was a little worried because someone on another thread pointed out that the earlier mounts had 2 bolts, but I couldn't find a replacement mount with 2 bolts. After replacing the 2 motor mounts & the tranny mount, the vibration & rocking at idle & when reving the engine are now gone. :-D

-
Back