$ 3000.00 hood scoops ?

-
Plus shipping. Check out the other items at his store - again, I may be out of touch since I'm A body all the way ...

Frank Mitchell

Figures!

That crap isn't worth a tenth of that price. Fishing for the stupid fool with more money than brains.

I recall a Frank Mitchell bash session over on Moparts a couple years back - guess he hasn't done anything to salvage his rep. I've picked up a few odds and ends from him over the years at shows .... guess he's hoping to retire early on that stuff, good luck to him if he can find the suckers ...

That guys been hitting the crack pipe hard.

Frank Mitchell

Figures!

That crap isn't worth a tenth of that price. Fishing for the stupid fool with more money than brains.

Cracked, you beat me to it. I was going to say, "That's just Frank Mitchell doing his thing."

His business logo should read: "Frank Mitchell Mopar Parts ... Screwing the Mopar Community Since 1982"

Well........I've done a little biz with Frank over the years with no issues. I know there are people who have had problems with him. He has a lot of stuff, and in some cases he is the ONLY choice for some hard to find NOS piece to finish that nutzoid resto....so the " free enterprise" system kicks in. Do I think those scoops are overpriced? OH yeah. But if someone is willing to pay his price, HE isn't screwing them. If anything they are screwing themselves.

JMHO

As soon as I saw the title for this thread I thought....... Frank Mitchell? Yup, but I`ve dealt with Frank before and found hard to find parts at a decent price. I say buy what you can afford, price is all relative anyway. Who knows, maybe Bill Gates is restoring a 67 GTX and needs NOS scoops?

About a month ago there was an article in the local paper. A man in Va. Beach (just across the river from where I live) had bought an old stingray bicycle made by Schwinn. He paid $300.00 for it, took it home, and began to research it. He circulated the serial # and found that the bike was built in 1963, the first year the stingray was produced and furthermore, it was even made in the first month of production. Word spread of this rare find and the man was offered $100,000.00 from a Japanese collector. The stingray owner declined the generous offer and decided to donate the bike to the Smithsonian Institute`s American History Division. My point is that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, in this case a $40.00 bike for 100K.

I was speaking from past/personal experience when I made my comment above. I know that many people have purchased parts from him and received what they ordered but I personally know quite a few that have been screwed by him (besides myself).

Before ebay and his use of the internet to sell parts, he really stuck it to people because all of his transactions were done by mail with no feedback forum or mass way to communicate expereiences with him. If he didn't send something or sent the wrong part and you tried to contact him, they would send you from one warehouse to another calling and calling with no one willing to help. Of course, he was no where to be found and he never returned a call.

When he started selling on ebay, he knew he coudln't continue his practices as before. Again, if you were around pre-ebay and pre-mass use of the internet (to communicate dealings with him) and dealt with him, there was a good chance the transaction could go bad. Again, those who have dealt with him in the last ten years or so probably won't be familiar with his earlier practices.

-
Back