"302" head question

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

1lostsoldier

Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out what heads are on my new toy. I know my block is a 1985 roller 318. So I would guess the heads would be "302" heads if they were the original ones. My research show that "302" heads full casting number is 4323302. My heads are just 432330 and thats it. Heres the best pic of the number I could get.
DSCN2184.jpg

So are these "302" heads?
Thanks fellas

You guys rock and I'm offically an addict of this site.

One more question. I am shortly going to upgrade my cam to a .480 lift 215@ 50 roller. It says that stock spring wont work. I read alot of good info about beehive springs and was wondering if anyone thinks there worth it or not. My car is a weekly driver that goes to the track once or twice a month.

beehives will give you more clearance @ the retainer/rocker with large body aluminum rockers.

They also have less harmonic distortion and can control valve motion, better in some cases for the lbs required, but I'm no beehive buff....

1wild&crazyguy said:
beehives will give you more clearance @ the retainer/rocker with large body aluminum rockers.
what would possibly dictate the need RACE aluminum rockers on a 302 head? what kinda lifts on a 302 head would cause interferance? .600"?

1wild&crazyguy said:
They also have less harmonic distortion and can control valve motion, better in some cases for the lbs required, but I'm no beehive buff....
last time I checked a valvespring wasn't a tuning fork. if your valve is moving around you have bigger problems then valvespring design.

what would possibly dictate the need RACE aluminum rockers on a 302 head? what kinda lifts on a 302 head would cause interferance? .600"?

last time I checked a valvespring wasn't a tuning fork. if your valve is moving around you have bigger problems then valvespring design.

What the hell?
It's harmonics
Man I seriously doubt you've done shizzle

Run what ever spring you need for the cam and for the specific app street or drag, weather it's regular or beehive.

U never run 1.80+ installed height on a sb mopar huh?
How about some aluminum roller tip's on top of that?
Toss in .550 -.620 lift.....
Beehives sound pretty good now.

food 4 thought.

On the rocker bit, Who knows what, it's called 'information', do what u will with it...

What the hell?
It's harmonics
Man I seriously doubt you've done shizzle

Run what ever spring you need for the cam and for the specific app street or drag, weather it's regular or beehive.

U never run 1.80+ installed height on a sb mopar huh?
How about some aluminum roller tip's on top of that?
Toss in .550 -.620 lift.....
Beehives sound pretty good now.

food 4 thought.

On the rocker bit, Who knows what, it's called 'information', do what u will with it...

holy dude.. what did they ever do before GM beehive springs? i like my doctile iron rocker arms just fine. but in case you FORGOT... you were the one who said 302 heads were useless.. therefore no need for BIGTIME hardware. got 2.00" springs on my heads right now (.550"+lift LONG valves\\\ blah,blah.blah) so yah i'm a bit familular. milled down shaft stands and blocks to correct geometry when lifts start getting radical. but whatev.. i'm fully aware of engine harmonics. anyways.. nice of you to think i've done shizzle lol.

++ he's wants to use a .480 lift 215@ 50 cam. IF you think he needs the added expence of beehives for that.. then O-B-WON KANOBI has NOT taught you well.
want FRIES with that BURGER?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back