Status
Not open for further replies.

cudadreamer

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi,
I`m new and my son has a 72 Dart were rebuilding together.We are building a 72 318 on a budget.We`ve been reading alot about using
302 (86-91)with 86-87 being the best years.His bottom end is stock
`72 318 in good shape.Cam is Mopar Performance purple .484 lift. We were told 1.88 and 1.6 valves at minimum to use.But I talked to a machine
shop in florida and they told me when we replace the valves with bigger it would drop cc. in chamber.They said to open them up to get back to range we want we would be defeating our purpose to gaine flow.What is best thing to do here.We read how easy the heads are to find for cheap but have had no luck locally.We saw some on craigs list but no one wants to ship them.E bay has some but there new with 1.78 valves.We would like bare heads or ones some one has reworked and moved on and wants to sell.Son has minimum wage job and hours are low due to going to high school.We need advise and help finding 302`s at a good price.He has loved Darts since he was a kid.PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN.

Out of ideas Dad

Hi,
I`m new and my son has a 72 Dart were rebuilding together.We are building a 72 318 on a budget.We`ve been reading alot about using
302 (86-91)with 86-87 being the best years.His bottom end is stock
`72 318 in good shape.Cam is Mopar Performance purple .484 lift. We were told 1.88 and 1.6 valves at minimum to use.But I talked to a machine
shop in florida and they told me when we replace the valves with bigger it would drop cc. in chamber.They said to open them up to get back to range we want we would be defeating our purpose to gaine flow.What is best thing to do here.We read how easy the heads are to find for cheap but have had no luck locally.We saw some on craigs list but no one wants to ship them.E bay has some but there new with 1.78 valves.We would like bare heads or ones some one has reworked and moved on and wants to sell.Son has minimum wage job and hours are low due to going to high school.We need advise and help finding 302`s at a good price.He has loved Darts since he was a kid.PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN.

Out of ideas Dad

Find you a good set of 70-80 360 car or truck heads. Should be fairly easy to find. They have a 1.88 intake and I ran that same came shaft of a 340 with those heads and got mid 13's out of it. I ran a set of a stock bottom end 318 with a stock 340 cam with a thermoquad intake and carb just fine. Ask around your local parts stpre for Mopar guys and you proably will find a set. Check body shops as they keep some older stuff around longer than salvage yards. Good luck, if you dont find a set, I think I have set like you are wanting on a 88 318 I have. Shipping I have no problem with its just expensive because of weight and distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back