30in tall tire on 75 duster

-

03ramit1

Reaction score
does anyone know if it will fit? That is without changing the shape of the wheel well opening. It's got a mini tub on it now but I'm a little worried a 30 in tall tire might be a little too big. Anyone running one? Thanks in advance

You don't need to spend $70 to find out if they fit, a tape measure will do. But if I remember right I don't think it will, kind of remember cutting 2" front and rear for my 32's.

I have a 94" circumference Hoosier 9" radial on my Dart Sport and the front and rear lower ends of the wheelwell opening are cut for clearance. (That works out to about 29.5".) But I don't remember how much they were cut.

When you do clearance them, remember that particularly bias ply slicks will grow on the top end. Radial slicks do, but very little. The wider the rim and more air pressure, the less any tire will grow.

i have a set of firestones advertised 29.1 inches on my 74 and they were going to rub on the sides of the openings, so i had to take about .75 inch off to be safe.

this was before i shaped it in correctly
P1010023.JPG

.........I know a 30 in slick does fit in my 74 duster, but they r 2 close 2 b useable ........so no u cant use a 30 in tire without modifications, unless they reshaped the wheel well when they did the mini tub.....................kim............

well if it's going to be a tight fit with a little trimming needed, then I will be fine as cutting up the car is not an issue. I'm not worried about making it factory correct. It's going to be a 90% race car 10% street car, so it's better to have the room for the slicks that I want, than to go with slicks that sort of work. As for the tool posted earlier that would work if I had an axle in the car, but we will be building a custom axle baised off of where the wheels and tires need to go. Since the car only has a 7.25 in it now, I am opting to drop in a dana60 in it's place and adding a 4 link. So the tool you provided will not work for what I need. It is a nice tool though good find.

You don't need to spend $70 to find out if they fit, a tape measure will do. But if I remember right I don't think it will, kind of remember cutting 2" front and rear for my 32's.

where in az are you I would like to see your setup, if you don't mind. My project has been pushed back a few weeks now due to other obligations, but I hope to be back on it by the middle of next month

Modifying the rear? Put a 30 in there at ride height, then measure for the Dana, spring relocate, and driveshaft.

that's the plan I just don't wanna cut out too much of the outer 1/4 panel. And I'll be removing the springs and going 4 link. The driveshaft will be made as I don't have one currently anyway

hey man thanks alot for the pics that is what I needed. I'm willing to trim like you did but I don't want to hack 2 to 3 inches off of the fender thatnks again

-
Back