315/60 and 325/50 on 15in wheels for a Duster

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
Is it possible to get either of these wheels on a duster without needing to move the springs? I have a 275/60/15 right now which is a 28in tire and 9in wide tread. I have a B body 8 3/4, so there is a tad bit more room then the A body rear. I want to lower the back over the tires also to get that sort of Pro Street look. I am fine with tubing, if it is needed, but I don't really want to move the springs if not needed. Does anyone have any experience trying to put this size of wheel on their demon, duster or dart sport?

I remember seeing that someone put 315s under in a stock form. Im going to 4 link later anyways, so this wont really matter.

This is with a 325/50/15. The well is trimmed to the frame rail on the inside, to the quarter on the outside and there's not much extra room. From this you an see, in stock form you'll have tires sticking out from the quarters and the back end jacked up. Not a nice look IMO.

BTW to tuck them up like the 2nd pic would require frame notching.

Attachments

• 325 50 15 inside.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 666
  • 325 50 15 tucked rear.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 653
Like I said I am going 4 link and mini tub, so I should be able to fit these fine. I do want that tuck. What kind of frame notching?

I have 275/60's on the rear of My Demon and have less than 1/2 inch space from the spring...don't think a bigger tire will work

I have 275/60's on the rear of My Demon and have less than 1/2 inch space from the spring...don't think a bigger tire will work

I have a lot more room than you. I have a "B BODY REAR"

Here's pics showing what I figured was the lowest stance allowing about 3.5 inches between the axle tube and the frame. It was not low enough for my liking. The 2nd pic shows the somewhat crude measurement method using a different wheel & tire. The 3rd shows where I'd like it.

You may want to do this yourself rather than assuming I got it right.

There are kits out there that allow you to chop out a part of the frame and weld in a C shaped section to allow axle travel. If you're interested I'll find the links. I was intending something like that before I changed over to a Dart which has lower quarter panels and provides the desired tucked look with less lowering. There's more to the story. I won't get into it here.

Attachments

• 325 limited tuck.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 574
  • frame check with 20.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 531
  • 325 50 15 max tuck.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 503
Nice ,Idaho.I do have to mention,that looks like a 275/60r/15 from the side.

Here's the two tires I used for mock up. One is a 275/45/20 on a rim that was borrowed, the other is a 325/50/15 that I purchased with intent to return since I won't likely use it. The 325 Nitto is a little narrower than some brands but I think you can see its a lot wider than any 275.

Attachments

• 275 45 20 vs 325 50 15.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 706
I want to go 315 and I think thats a 29-30 in tire. But I will mock everything and see how it works when the time comes. Can I get those links if its not a hassle please?

you will need to move the springs 1'' for 325-50-15 or at least i had to

you will need to move the springs 1'' for 325-50-15 or at least i had to

Thank You. The only thing I want to do is tuck the wheels up in there. Once again this wont happen until I go 4 link and mini tub, so I will have a lot more room.

I want to go 315 and I think thats a 29-30 in tire. But I will mock everything and see how it works when the time comes. Can I get those links if its not a hassle please?

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=196797&highlight=20s+demon&page=3

The links are on page 3 post 69. Be prepared to be intoxicated with the lowered stance and blown away with the fab skills displayed by those who are serious about it. Check out their build threads for more.

Here's another thread.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=178475

You'll notice in these threads on a Duster/Demon the quarter lip never goes much below the top of the wheel even with mini-tubbing, moving springs etc. Since you're planning a 4 link you'll have coil-overs or air bags that should not be in the way. With the reduced suspension travel using coil-overs or bags, you may find notching is not really necessary. Notching may actually put the rear lower than is practical especially with the challenges of getting the front low enough to match.

-
Back