318 1 piece pan gasket?

-
Never seen one. Where is it leaking?, never had a problem with the small block oil pan gaskets.

A little rtv silicon on the end seals, and some in the corners where they meet the cork gasket. Done.

Never seen a one piece, as they were never made. Leaking on sides? don't over tighten it; on the ends? rtv it. Rear main? new one. Harmonic balancer seal? new one. Explain further.

leaks front and back i used rtv and didnt over tighten im really tired of it ive done it twice now and it gets worse everytime i even hit out the high spots in the oil pan

Are you sure it is the pan leaking? I have never had a pan leak; using cork, and neo ends.

Is your pcv system working correctly or is it building pressure forcing the oil out

The only time i ever saw a one piece gasket was on a Magnum engine. What year is yours? I have a magnum 1 piece gasket I was gonna try using on my 360 but it doesn't mate up to the pan good. I'm sure it'd leak. Double and triple check things real good as it may not be the pan leaking. Several times I've seen it run down from a valve cover, leak from the oil filter adapter, even one that had a leaking sending unit and every time it ran down on the pan making it look like the pan was leaking.

Also did you check the pan over to make sure it was straight before you sealed it up? It isn't one of them cheap junk chrome E-bay pan's is it? They rarely seal right.

I tried finding one when I built my 318 and the only ones I found where for the 360's.

actually myself and another were just talking about this last night and he sent me a link to one......I lost the link now but summit does in fact have them!!! do some searching and you will find it!

I call Milodon on Thursday last week and they told me N/A .poss 6-8 months.Also that gasket stuff(THE RIGHT STUFF)is great and totally better than any tube goo.

I have seen one piece gaskets for chevy small blocks, someone must make one for a 318.

Seeing a part for a sb chevy has no bearing whatsoever on parts made for a 318 Mopar. In fact you will find 100 or more parts for a sb Chevy for just 1 part for a sb Mopar. Mopar's have grown in popularity by leaps and bounds in the past few yrs. yet the aftermarket still sees no need to make much for them. If they can't make millions of dollars off of them it's not worth it to them it seems. Thank God at least a few places make stuff for Mopar's.

After about a 2 minute search on Summit's site I found the only 1 piece gasket listed for a 318, but it's for a 318 magnum which the pan is slightly different where it meets up with the timing cover. Plus Mopar consolidated pan styles on the 318 and 360 when the magnum engine came out (in other words their the same pan, unlike the LA 318/360 which was different) sizing it the same as the LA 360 engine (if it weren't for the difference in the front that I described above). Therefore they show NO 1 piece gasket for the old LA 318. Sorry

No lack of respect intended all...

Below is from Jegs, ala Mopar performance. Right one??

P4007572 - Mopar Performance Oil Pan Gaskets

312-P4007572.jpg

Mopar Performance #312-P4007572

Oil Pan Gasket 340 Small-Block
Reusable Gasket
$15.99 Ships Monday
Note: installation of windage tray requires two gaskets.

Damn... that sucks
Sorry Pt, thought I was on to something.

I am also trying to find a one piece. maybe a futile search,
but I will keep looking.

No lack of respect intended all...

Below is from Jegs, ala Mopar performance. Right one??

P4007572 - Mopar Performance Oil Pan Gaskets

312-P4007572.jpg

Mopar Performance #312-P4007572

Oil Pan Gasket 340 Small-Block
Reusable Gasket
$15.99 Ships Monday
Note: installation of windage tray requires two gaskets.

If you referring to me none taken. Summit had the listing screwed up a while back too leading people to believe it would fit a LA block. They finally got the listing fixed. I guess JEG's is behind on it. You really have to research things good as it seems they both have a lot of inaccuracies in listings.

.............I have a ROL 1 piece gasket, it has a # on it, not sure if it is a part# or not..........006065.......then it has ROL CANADA on it......im not sure what engine it is 4, but it would not fit the 98 or so magnum engine i was swapping out...we ordered 1 4 the proper engine size.....hope this helps................kim......

-
Back