318 / 904 kickdown

-

lilgrems86

Reaction score
Yes its another kickdown question, seems this is a common theme.
Would someone mind sending me a pic of what your kickdown linkage, and throttle set up is supposed to look like. I have been having alot of problems with my 904 trans in my 75 Duster that sounds alot like other peoples, not shifting out of first when you stomp it then having to let off to shift. It shifts soft and to soon.
:banghead:

And Im in the dark with anything that has to do with Transmissions. Im trying to learn but I can only learn by what others show me. And also this may sound dumb but like I said I dont know. The kickdown arm that attaches to the carb. In that big oval opening there where it attaches to the carb on the stud. Is the stud supposed to move freely back an forth in that oval, or should it me clamped stationary.

If you check out this link, you will see a pic of what I have going on. ( I dont know how to put a photo in this post.)

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r120/lilgrems86/100_0766.jpg

Please help me! If I cant get this thing fixed I'm liable to miss Cruise Week in Ocean City Maryland. Or pay some guy way to much for something I could do if someone just helped me on a few things. Thanks so much.

If anyone can help, please e-mail me at [email protected] or leave a reply below.

-
Back