318 Exhaust Manifold Bolts

-

plumkrazee70

Reaction score
I bought a set of used manifolds and I mistakenly thought that the "header" bolts I had would be long enough for the manifolds.

Since I have the thread pitch, can I just go to the hardware store and get some stainless steel bolts in the correct length?

I know you can buy a "manifold bolt set" but I am not doing a period correct resto, just want to get this 69 barracuda on the road.

Sure, they don't have to be stainless either. The outer ends however are typically studs that enter the water jacket. They are national coarse into the block and fine out for a nut. Not absolutely necessary, but if you ever have to change a gasket, coolant comes out of those holes.

Sure, they don't have to be stainless either. The outer ends however are typically studs that enter the water jacket. They are national coarse into the block and fine out for a nut. Not absolutely necessary, but if you ever have to change a gasket, coolant comes out of those holes.

Right. The studs are there, still so we are good there. Appreciate the response. :D

Get Grade 8 bolts, and nuts. They will hold up a lot better, and don't corrode anywhere near as fast as regular bolts/nuts.
They are gold colored.
I know its over kill, but it makes it easier to remove, and install later.
Dave

-
Back