318 Heads on a 273 ?

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
I want to get rid of my stock 273 cam/lifter/rocker setup, period......I'm tired of the noise and inconsistency......

What I want to know is this: Will a set of stock 318 heads mount up to my 67 273 with no problems, so I can convert the setup completely over to hydraulic instead of the solid ?

I'd just like a quick, inexpensive and easy way to convert to hydraulics.......

Any advice on how to get this done? (and no, I'm not going to pull the motor and replace it......I'd like it converted)

You should be able to just switch the rocker assy's and change the cam lifters and pushrods to hydraulic pieces. Heads should not have to be changed. Years ago I used 273 heads on a 318 to raise the compression and used all the 318 valvetrain parts.

Furz & kimmer are right. Though you don't need the head itself.

Parts needed are;

Hyd cam
Hyd lifters
Hyd pushrods
Hyd. rockers

Wow......... I didn't think the hydraulic arm assembly would bolt in place of the solid.............

This is good news!

OK now.........WHO's got the complete rocker assemblies they want to part with?

Wow......... I didn't think the hydraulic arm assembly would bolt in place of the solid.............

This is good news!

OK now.........WHO's got the complete rocker assemblies they want to part with?

I have a set of stock rocker arms, hold downs, bolts and shafts if you are interested... I took them off my 318...

LOL, man o man. I allways seem to loose my temper with old stuff hanging around. I just threw out 2 set ups that I have had for years.

-
Back