318 LA build

-
These days they all crack.lighter heads mean less meat in the casting,leaner fuel mix means hotter chamber temps etc. The vortex heads crack too because of the casting tecnollogy etc.

Any ways,I have a set of mags.I'll run em .Done.And no I dont "want" a chev style head. But who in thier right mind would not use a good quality chev small block rocker that costs waaay less on thier magnum? I guess guys who think spending more will win races,lol

Oh just for the record the magnums arent chev style heads.Thier actually based on the old AMC design,lol

1, you just proved what I said, the newer stuff cracks more/frequently, even one of the newer runs of w2's r crap due to the cracking,despite flow.
2, you end up spending more money just to convert, so there go's the cheap part and the bs about people thinking $$$$ wins all cause mag heads don't flow more than small valve old 360 heads with a good vj, even the exhaust...
check the #'s sometime.
3, Your bummed someone disagrees with you on this, so now you are just sticking your tongue out with the amc remark and saying neener neener...

Even the mag head guys would tell ya they'd be running the older heads if they had closed chambers, for most use them as a cyl psi band aid.

I would rather run a quench dome than a mag'em head if quench made my build.

The op would be behind in $$$, valve train stability, and power/potential by going to a magnum head..... unless it's an RHS head, then he'd only be out valve train stability but at least the flow per dollar is there.

-
Back