-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomsecks

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
318 based long block; has ~ 25k miles on it. Made 285 RWHP at the Nats in August; pushed my Dart to 13.80s @ 102 in the 1/4. Asking $1600 - located in 43723; willing to delivery or meet within ~ 3-4 hours of Columbus Ohio.

Ported iron J heads; 2.02/1.60 valves, Comp 268 cam, roller rockers, windage tray, dual roller chain with MP tensioner. Had KB 167 pisons that are +.040", fully balanced with SFI damper. Runs great but needs either valve seals or a re-ring job; puffed a little when you let off the gas.

Video:

[ame]https://youtu.be/Ko9Q3t5wC3s[/ame]

[ame]https://youtu.be/M6X-S2-jIK8[/ame]

Attachments

• 318 long block.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 407
Are you running pump gas? Could you give me more details on the build? I have a slant 6 Duster and wanting to change to a mild small block. I am located near Dayton Ohio.

Sure i can give more details. Runs on 91 or 93 octane, is ~ 10:1 compression. Watson Ruppel Performance did the machine work - very good shop. Has ARP main/rod/head bolts. Is a stock oil pump, with a MP windage tray, stock pan on. 70s era "J" heads, mild port work done, set of 1.5 ratio Pro Comp roller rockers. Hydraulic flat tappets, Comp Cams high energy 268 cam. Clevite bearings in it. Great oil pressure, like 70 psi cold, 40 psi hot at idle. I HAD an Edelbrock intake and 600 cfm carb on it. Great like fun cruiser.

Is pretty much the same build as the "400 hp 318" that Steve Dulcich did for Mopar Muscle from years ago.

Think that should sum it up - feel free to ask anything else you can think of.

Thanks for the info, sounds like a great combination. What would you do if you were putting it back into a car?. Would you tear down to address the oil smoke or just put valve seals in? I would be running an 904 automatic with 3.23 geared 8 3/4. What converter would you think as far as stall speed? Do you think it would be too much for my wife to drive to work on nice days?

*Depending on budget - mechanical skills* I'd do the follow:

IF it's just a toy/weekend car I'd run it as is, which is what I did and then topped the oil off periodically - am sure you could run it for a long time that way.

IF it's going to be something you plan on driving a bunch I'd put new valve seals in it, probably hone and re-ring, that way it's "fresh". Would likely have $500 in doing that. Knowing that - I've tried to price accordingly; and have some wiggle room if it helps get somebodies project going.

Toss an electronic distributor in it, a 4 barrell intake/carb, set of headers and call it good.

Comp says it'll work fine with a 3.23 gear and doesn't mention a converter; could probably put a slight stall in it for fun. I only really ever had a manual behind it. Ran a 4-speed and 3.23 gears for awhile - it ran 14.5 @ 100 in my Dart. Not super fast, but was a nice cruising car - nothing too wild; would think anybody could drive that around without any issue.

FYI - I also have a full Mallory electronic ignition for sale, and /6 - 318 Schumacher mounts that I would maybe throw in to sweeten the deal; make it almost bolt in for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back