318 mag wire harness

-

bonehead

Reaction score
just got my wire harness ......does anybody know if you can use the stock gauges in my 1964 valiant ..ie oil and temp using wire leads from my computer? and where is the oil sender unit on 1992 318 mag ? what is ALDL WHERE DOES IT GO? ..... thanks for your help please.......bonehead

just got my wire harness ......does anybody know if you can use the stock gauges in my 1964 valiant ..ie oil and temp using wire leads from my computer? and where is the oil sender unit on 1992 318 mag ? what is ALDL WHERE DOES IT GO? ..... thanks for your help please.......bonehead
went to hot wire ......ALDL IS COMPUTER dianostic port.....will need to find a new spot around water pump to install temp sender cant parallel the senders as it will cause problems with computer mybe dril and tap at water pump also will need to install a new oil sender in oil galley......ie use senders that match gauges.......which i saved form my 6cly.....thanks again hotwire......hope this helps anyone with the same swap...bonehead

Keep posting up info ... it may come in handy. I might be doing a similiar swap on my dart with spare parts from my dakota. I already have a PCM, SCT PRP, harness, injectors and fuel rails from a 318 5spd. Also got a magnum based 408 in the works ... not sure yet if it is going in the dart or the dakota. Also still trying to decide if I want to stay carbed or go efi. and if I go efi, if I want to go OEM or aftermarket ecu. Man am i a flip-flopper...

Are you using a stock harness? What about crank sensor provisions?

Im useing an after market wire harness for Hotwire in mena ark home town company....Im useing a stock 1992 318 mag out of a dakota with 518 trans the crank sensor is stock . THEY SAY HOOK IT UP AND IT WILL RUN . Have not work on it this week as tenp at 107 to day and hot all week and waiting on steering link so i can finish setting motor will be a week or so before i get to wiring harness but will let you know how and if i problems .............bonehead

-
Back