318 rebuild!

-

petreed150

Reaction score
Well,Talked to Hensleys performance yesterday and my 70' 318 is getting bore 40 over with kb167 pistons and eagle ibeam rods!318 crank is getting polished and magnafluxed and XE268 cam with 224/230@50 and 477/480 lift!For the topend the performer rpm heads are getting Valve job and hensleys phase1 port job and airgap intake is getting port matched!Got a AED 650HO carb going on top!The 727 has been rebuilt with new shift kit and Boss Hogg 2200-2800 stall and went and picked up 8.75 housing and axle out of 70 dodge truck and it gonna have 742 case with 3.91 gear and auburn sure grip!This is all going in my 83 d150 as this is finally wat is going in as i had to sell my built 360 but just wanted to see what u guys thought about this combo!Should have the motor back shortly still buying few more things!

Sounds like a good build to me, but the cam seems a bit small for all the head work, especially for eddy heads. I suppose it is for a truck, but I think the cam will be the limiting factor there...

Well i had a 74 duster but needed lot of work so sold it,my d150 is in good shape and is pretty nice truck but hopefully i will get another abody eventually!The cam choice was between 268 and 274 but Ken Hensley made the choice based on the truck but the 274 would not make torque that i was wanting considering it was 318.Was gonna make it a 390 but my funds were limited!What kind of power numbers am I looking at!I also gonna be using mp heavy duty rocker arms!They are also gonna mill the heads so i will have 10.1 comp!

Sounds like a nice build. Makes me jealous. Makes me wanna get mine goin quicker than I can. lol

I have been waiting and trying to get all this done in past 5yrs!Would have been quicker if i hadnt had to sell the 360 but 727 is ready and the 8.75 should be ready in couple of weeks!Motor still gonna take me little while but hope to have it ready by end of summer!

Would xe274 cam and 3000 stall be good with that setup?Thinking of running 4.10 or 4.30 gear with 28in tire too!I feel with 10.1 comp and ported heads the 274 would be the choice!Ken said either one!

-
Back