318 roller motor & magnum head swap

-

737jetdr

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I've got a 318 roller motor out of a 1989 diplomat that has the 302 casting heads. I was thinking of swapping to magnum heads. Has anyone done this? Wondering about pushrod length since they both have roller cam setups.Thanks

swap has been done on La blocks with flat tappet cams. Just wondering if the La blocks with roller camshafts are set up the same as magnum roller blocks, just with shaft mounted rocker arms? Will magnum roller lifters work in the La roller lifter bores to oil the rocker arms?

:happy1:

I've got an 87 roller in my car waiting to be hooked up and a 2000 5.9 with at least one bad bearing on a stand.

Going to run the 302s and was thinking about the magnum swap down the line.

Look up lifters on your favorite auto parts website for both engines and see if they are the same part number, of course it doesn't necessarily mean anything if they're difference but if they're the same, then you know for sure. Pretty sure they are the same...

1Wild has good advice about the pushrods. Just get the ones from the Magnum (or some stock Magnum replacements-cheap at Summit) and you'll be gold.

Sounds like fun, good luck

-
Back