318 swap, couple snags

-

black_bishop

Reaction score
hey all, couple quick questions. swapping a 318 from an 86 diplomat into my 72 dart and i have hit a couple snags.

1. heat riser on drivers side hits power steering box. any way to remedy this?.

2. drivers side, small ridge on exhaust manifold hits a snap ring of sorts on the steering shaft. is this normal? How can i fix this?

this is going to be just a daily driver/runabout before anyone questions my engine choice. using a set of transdapt mount adapters. made them work with some shimming. dont have the tranny crossmember bolted up yet as i need to get a new mount. would like to try to finish this saturday morning so any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

you will need to get the 72 dart manifolds or headers.most A body manifolds will work or as said headers.

hey all, couple quick questions. swapping a 318 from an 86 diplomat into my 72 dart and i have hit a couple snags.

1. heat riser on drivers side hits power steering box. any way to remedy this?.

2. drivers side, small ridge on exhaust manifold hits a snap ring of sorts on the steering shaft. is this normal? How can i fix this?

this is going to be just a daily driver/runabout before anyone questions my engine choice. using a set of transdapt mount adapters. made them work with some shimming. dont have the tranny crossmember bolted up yet as i need to get a new mount. would like to try to finish this saturday morning so any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Never seen a heat riser on the drivers side. Have a feeling the mount/adapter is causing your issue. The normal mounting position has the engine offset to the pass side enough to clear the proper manifolds. If you can post some pictures that would be helpful.

thanks for the quick replys guys. i am on a 24 today so when i get home in the morning i will snap some pictures

-
Back