318 to 360 motor mounts (confused)

-

HemiTM

Reaction score
I have pulled my factory 318 out of my 71 Dart. Going in will be a 72 360. I am confused as to which motor mounts to use. Any suggestions? Part #`s ? Thanks in advance.

blue 318 orange 360 you can use the 318 mounts on your 360 right side no problim left you will need to make a piece and weld to the bracket simple.

Attachments

• sony pic 258.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 5,670
  • sony pic 260.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 12,017
  • sony pic 263.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 4,649
  • sony pic 265.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 3,279
  • sony pic 267.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 2,908
Pre 73 Mopars with a 360 used to be a common find in the junkyard. You could just go to the core pile and grab the mount you needed for five bucks. Not so much anymore. I was going to send you an E-Bay link to some but there's a Buy it Now for ninety bucks. Seems a guy could male a pretty good living modifying 318 mounts.
You can use the unmodified 318 mount to get the install done and even run it that way. Depending on the setup you could probably run that way forever.

If you send me your 318 mount, I can modify it to work on a 360. Cost $46 shipped back to you.

I have seen your mounts and they look good and work. Other then that he will have to find a left 68-72 340 bracket. They are hard to find and not cheap. I have been getting $125 in US shipped for a set. will not split the pair
If you send me your 318 mount, I can modify it to work on a 360. Cost $46 shipped back to you.

Thank you Steve. Not to hijack, hope you are doing well.

Same with me on the original 340 mounts. They are getting harder to find. Folks that want only the driver side never understand why the price is the same for that one, or the pair. You buy the driver side and get pass for free... :)

I believe that schumacher will sell you just the driver side for about $90. Someone here did that. They are $144 for the pair.

If he has a spool mount K frame. Then your's are the ticket. Older biscuit mounts, not so lucky.

I dont know why but i read the part about it being a 71 and decided not to post about my mounts and then thirty minutes later had a brain fart and forgot and threw them in here lol i blame the cold weather! The sun was in my eyes! It was dark! I had to pee! Ok im done now lol

-
Back