318 to 5.9

-

bdusted440

Reaction score
ok everything seems to be pretty straightforward elongate a couple holes but one thing that I see nobody is touched base on is the fact that when you use a magnum only intake how do you hook the throttle and kickdown linkage up?as it bolts to the LA intake vocals how do you modify it?

Define "Magnum only " intake .. Carbed,tweak a stock carb four barrel linkage. Injected,no answer.

Tweak, a stock four barrel one.If needed ,I can get you pictures of mine tomorrow.

Thanks. I pulled the 318 today and I'm gonna set the 5.9 in tomorrow. One weird thing though. The crank pulley bolted right up and so did the flex plate no enlarging the holes at all. It mates up to the tq perfectly. But the motor that I just pulled was a 1988 and so was the trans.

Standard four barrel linkage, whittled down. Run a full manual valve body,so no linkage. A stock kickdown works fine,I have no pics.

Attachments

• IMG_20140522_111339.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_20140522_111350.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 234
got it in and fired up.Man does this thing have power. it is very hard NOT to spin the tires.I mean I really didn't expect this much go.:burnout::burnout::burnout:

-
Back