318 truck engine into a 69 cuda

-

dtcuda

Reaction score
Hello I am new to this internet posting and I need some technical advice . I posted the project in the welcome forum. I may post it in this forum soon if I needed . I am a high school shop teacher and we are having difficulties determining how to proceed in this swap over. I have a truck engine with large rear main bearing cap that will not fit a car oil pan from a 70's fury that should fit the 69 K member . Any help is much appreciated. More info and pics are posted in the welcome forum under 318 truck engine into 69 cuda.
icon6.gif

Sounds like your truck 318 a 318 magnum. They used the small main cap o.d. the same size of a LA 360 so you just need a LA 360 (pre-magnum) oil pan and pickup.

BTW: this type of a post, concerning the engine, should be posted in the small block engine section, rather than the transmission/drivetrain section because some guys that know a lot about engines and what it takes to make them bolt up don't even look here cause their interest is mainly engines. Just something to think about when posting a question.

-
Back