33 tooth speedometer gear

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the links. I think I need the long one. I had it out last summer to try and fix a leak. I replaced the O-ring around the housing that holds the gear but it's still leaking.

I'm swapping out the 7 1/4 2.93 for an 8 3/4 3.23. The shop manual says for the tire size I have I need a 33 tooth with 3.23s.

While I'm at it, do you now why a 67 fan shroud is different than 68-69? I want to put a clutch fan and shroud on my car to help with low speed cooling issues.

Thanks for the links. I think I need the long one. I had it out last summer to try and fix a leak. I replaced the O-ring around the housing that holds the gear but it's still leaking.

I'm swapping out the 7 1/4 2.93 for an 8 3/4 3.23. The shop manual says for the tire size I have I need a 33 tooth with 3.23s.

While I'm at it, do you now why a 67 fan shroud is different than 68-69? I want to put a clutch fan and shroud on my car to help with low speed cooling issues.

Mounting holes are different. There are different shrouds within the year for different engines also.

I have a long shank 33 tooth for a 727 but can't tel you if it will work in the 904. If you find out it does drop me a line.

SDC12002.jpg

904 and 727 speedo pinions are the same if their from the same vintage. I might be a year off but I believe 65 was the last year for the short ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back