340 4 speed powertrain - What's It Worth?

-

1MeanA

Reaction score
I got this power train in a project that I bought. It's a '69 340 with X heads, less than 1000 miles, HP manifolds, new clutch, Lakewood, new Holley 770. It's got a viscous fan. I'll probably take the alternator and starter off of it. The k frame isn't going with it. I'm going to part with it to fund my 440 build. Any ideas?

engine.jpg

Are you going to be selling this? I might be interested.

That is what I am thinking. I hadn't intended this to be a for sale ad though. I just need to establish a price first thinking a local sale would be more likely as shipping would be $$$. While it would be nice to hang onto it I don't have the space and need to fund the rest of the project. Perhaps I will split it up eventually. Matt.

I have been looking for a deal like this for my '72 Duster. I'm afraid you are too far away to make it a good deal for me to purchase though.

I will venture a guess:
3000-3500 bucks?
Fresh rebuild costs some $$, but it does not appear to be an over the top build with aluminum heads, etc, but it is a complete drive train, with HP manifolds, etc

I will venture a guess:
3000-3500 bucks?
Fresh rebuild costs some $$, but it does not appear to be an over the top build with aluminum heads, etc, but it is a complete drive train, with HP manifolds, etc

Thanks. I may end up parting it out as it will be easier to sell and might get me a few more bucks than selling the whole package.

-
Back