340 A/C Idler Picture

-

shhnappa

Reaction score
Hi, can someone post a picture of their engine with factory A/C from a 68 Cuda (or other A-Body) as long as it has the ider pulley and tension pulley with a 318 or 340 and a single belt for the compressor. I'm not sure how the belt runs accross it, I've got idler pulley mounted correctlly, in front of the P/S pump, but just need to see how the belt runs.

The back of the belt rides against the flat idler and the V part of the belt rides in the adjustment pulley.

hope this helps ,these are older shots,from before the engine swap :munky2: I'm in the middle of putting the compressor back on and will post clearer photos soon

commando 003.jpg

commando 004.jpg

these may be a little better
Yellow, thanks so much for these pics, I noticed that your adjusting pully is down below the alt, mine seems to fit correctlly at the bottom of the front of the compressor mount, does that sound right, I have attached a couple of pics.

CIMG2714Medium.jpg

CIMG2715Medium.jpg

CIMG2716Medium.jpg

Hey, I just wanted to post the final assembly, so others can use as a resource if needed down the road. I was able to figure all the bracketry and reassemble the A/C compressor, related pulley & idler back to stock. This also takes a 17/32 x 53" belt ($11.00 at Advanced Auto) for the A/C belt. The dampener is a stock 3 groove pulley, one for Alt, one for P/S and one for A/C, this is all on a 340 1968 Cuda, again, factory set up, enjoy!!!

CIMG2717Medium.jpg

CIMG2718Medium.jpg

CIMG2719Medium.jpg

CIMG2720Medium.jpg

CIMG2721Medium.jpg

-
Back