340 block color

-
The color changed in 71. The beginning of the year was orange. Around April, they changed to blue.

Id have to agree and say orange unless it is a late 71 out of a 72 model car, in that case blue. i have a 3/71 that is orange and a 10/71 that is blue. old faded dirty factory paint

April was the change over to blue.

The experts believe the orange engines were built at the WINDSOR plant...the blue engines were built at MOUND RD. There was also and intake manifold change around that time.

Change over was late march to early April. Some engines were assembled painted orange and didn't make it into cars to almost mid April but that is rare.

thanks, my 70 Challenger is Orange. I have a 71 Duster the block was orange, but I got an oil pan and x heads that were painted blue. My 318 blocks have been blue. I am guessing the haeds and oil pan are from a 72 or later block. Thanks, mine will be Orange

This question may seem a bit obvious but...
What is the difference between Chryser Orange and Hemi Orange? Was Hemi Orange only used on Hemi's engines?

I am guessing the haeds and oil pan are from a 72 or later block.

Or the heads and oil pan are from a late March/early April or later 71.

My SB is painted Chrystler orange and my BB I painted Hemi orange. The Chrystler orange (to me) is less bright and seems kinda watered down with white.

mine is a 71, and is blue, but its going hemi orange after rebuild

so i suppose its up to you what you prefer

-
Back