340 block Registry?

-

highwaystar

Reaction score
I have a couple 340 motors. I was curious if there is a Forum/registry to list block casting #'s. To help reunite these motors with the possible owner of the car that the engine has been missing. This would be very beneficial to the owner of these cars.
The one I just rebulit is LM23P9B116070. This is a 6*19*68 block out of a 340 Dart. Based on the casting # it would be a early production 69 car.
I have a 71 340 block I will be pulling out of my car in the next few months and I will list it's casting # as well.

After restoring 2 340 cars in the last few years that were missing there original motor. I feel this is important to alot of people to have a place to go and check a engine registry.

Feel free to list yours here as well. 273-4/ 340/ 383/ M code 440's.
This should cover our A-body's.

How did you come up with the first 5 digits of the engine vin?? For example the 340 I am looking for is 9B352197, out of my 69 cuda. I thought engine vins only had 8 digits? Great idea by the way!!

The last 69 block I had in the convertible only had the last 8. This block has the full vin??

I have a late 68 block out of a 69 swinger w the complete vin # on the data tag as well. I thought it was kinda funny. The only one Ive seen.

How did you come up with the first 5 digits of the engine vin?? For example the 340 I am looking for is 9B352197, out of my 69 cuda. I thought engine vins only had 8 digits? Great idea by the way!!

Full vin#'s where stamped on the block until January '69, then only the last 8 digits were stamped.

-
Back