340 Cuda

-

puckromaniacs

Reaction score
Hey everyone, im 23 years old and in the process of restoring my 340 notchback barracuda. When I got the car... for FREE, it was in good shape but had the formula S decals. My question is, the motor is actually from 1970, not a 1968 motor, is there any performance difference between the 1970 motor and the 1968 motor? We completely rebuilt the motor and to my surprise the insides looked brand new. Also, with todays tires, is it possible for this car to run in the 12's as is with 3:55 gears? I plan on swapping in a 5 speed tranny that i bought and im told it will make the car feel like it has 3:91 gears... is this true? Lastly.. I know many questions... Any recommendations to get this thing close to 500 HP and make it an 11 second car, that can still drive on the road? Im thinking supercharger and heads/cam ect or should I attempt a twin turbo conversion and put in a fuel injection kit... Any advice will be helpful!

If it is a real Formula S car you might want to do some research on it. Does it have P in the Vin number? If so it is a 340 car. They are not growing on trees. If your car has some rare options that might also be a factor on the value of your car as well. As as performance, you would probably need to stroke the 340 to 416 or something. Post some pics of your car. You can always find a slant 6 car or a 318 car to make into the 12 or 11 second machine. Than you can restore the Formila S and have the best of both worlds.

If the cuda is a rust bucket and ready for the heap then I would turn it into a drag car but if its in good shape and a nice restoration is possible Id have to go with moparker. True Formula S cars aren't dime a dozen.

You might look something like this if the cuda is in nice shape,

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5z_KnpTUnY&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Mustang crash at Sydney POwercruise 2009[/ame]

If the cuda is a rust bucket and ready for the heap then I would turn it into a drag car but if its in good shape and a nice restoration is possible Id have to go with moparker. True Formula S cars aren't dime a dozen.

You might look something like this if the cuda is in nice shape,

YouTube - Mustang crash at Sydney POwercruise 2009

That is why I built a race car and have mostly quit racing my 68 GTS. What a shame about the stang.

photo.php

Im having some difficulties uploading the pictures, I will take some more, including the engine and send it, It has little rust, the roof is in somewhat rough shape but I want to put a black vinyl top on it anyway.. WE have all the parts to restore it, but I still want a 500 HP street car. I know the original motor in the car was a 318, so I know its not a matching number type S. Think I should keep the S style anyway?

Hopefully I can figure out how to upload a picture to the site. We have the engine compartment pretty much done. Sublime green... I know, not an original color for the 68's but I really love that mopar green. My dad has a 70 RT challenger as well, and thats all primed up. Hopefully I can get pics of that up here too. MOPAR family for sure!!

good luck posting pics here. i havent ever really been able to do it either, you would think that a "car" inspired web site not a "computer" inspired web site would make it easier to do since most of us seem to be "car" people here - not "computer" people! but then again i am just a dumb truck driver speaking here! it may not be that difficult, but it sure has me baffled!!

wow, i know that i havent posted in awhile - i wonder what happend to my little avitar pic next to my name?? must be another one of those wonderful computer mysterys!

if ya want email me the pics to [email protected] and I will post them for you. I had problems in the beginning too, but it wasnt issues with this site, just a learning curve. The pis you are trying to post might be too big. You may have to resize them to post.

good luck posting pics here. i havent ever really been able to do it either, you would think that a "car" inspired web site not a "computer" inspired web site would make it easier to do since most of us seem to be "car" people here - not "computer" people! but then again i am just a dumb truck driver speaking here! it may not be that difficult, but it sure has me baffled!!

What like this?

Attachments

• Number 1 pic of cuda.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 297
Probably the size of the pic that hinders uploading.

This place has become very slow with all the roll over ads and other stuff. Think how much slower it would be if huge pics were allowed blow up screens aspects and occupy bandwidth/server space.

Resize the pics or upload to photobucket in a 640x480size and post them using the HTML generated links. Much easier than dealing with the board software.

wow, i know that i havent posted in awhile - i wonder what happend to my little avitar pic next to my name?? must be another one of those wonderful computer mysterys!

A while back there was a server crash that took FABO out for an entire day. It erased everyones avitar and deleted all the photos from the past week(?)

-
Back