340 duster?

-

71twister

Reaction score
i just got a 72 340, it is suppose to be # matching. also there were only suppose to be only a few things wrong with it body wise but that's not right. i was wanting to know the code for a 340 and if anyone knows the paint code for the red they painted these were? thanks!

71twister
The 5th digit in the VIN indicates what engine was installed in the car. An H would be the code for a 340. Also on your question about the color, I believe that would be V2 Tor-Red.

Twister, Congrates on your new project. If it is a real 340 car..it is a good find. I have a '72 Duster 340, picked it up in 1976. Been a fun car that is NEVER finished, constant state of change..what fun it is indeed. If I can be of help just ask. Again..congrates and good luck. Terry.

thanks for the info! my car is a #s matching 340. it has been painted a toyoto gold, i am wanting to get the body fixed and paint it the red i had on my 71 twister. thanks again!

Keep us posted on your progress cause I kinda have a soft spot for those old Dusters myself.

-
Back