340 Fender Badge conundrum

-

JB72

Reaction score
Need some clarification. I have two 72 Demon H code bodies. One is a Canadian, highly optioned 727 console shift. The other is a US car, limited options with a 4 speed (fender tags and VINs verified). The Cdn car has fender holes on both driver and passenger for both Demon and 340 badging. The US car has Demon holes on both sides but only 340 holes on Driver side. Is this possibly correct or is the passenger fender a non 340 fender replacement? If it is a replacement it has to be old as it looked original as the car was torn down. Thoughts?

. The US car has Demon holes on both sides but only 340 holes on Driver side.
If you decide to drill holes for an emblem on the other side, note that the holes on the one side are not like the be the same dimension from a fixed point on the other.

Case in point...

The V8 emblem on my 67 dart.

The leading edge of the V and the leading edge of the 8 on the other side of the car are the same dimension from the leading edge of the fender.

BUT ..
The mounting holes are not the same dimension on both sides of the car due to the nature of the post spacing on the back of the emblems

I own a 72 early production stripper 340/4 speed car. Cloth interior and rubber floor mat, only option is power steering.
The badging is the pot metal Demon Emblems, Dart emblem on trunk lid with no Demon call out out back. My 340 emblems are on both fender sides just to the lower right of the Demon emblems.

There is a good chance the fender was replaced.
Syleng1

Thanks everyone. I have the cdn car fender to use as a guide…off to drill some holes

-
Back