-
Status
Not open for further replies.

barnyardbarney

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
looking for a 340 exhaust Heat shield for the HP 68-70 340 engine to complete my engine compartment....thanks

20221005_134352.jpg

Is this part number the same for both sides?
Passenger side does not get one. Only the driver side because of the high rise exhaust manifold. It’s basically there to protect the plug wires. I am looking for one myself.

Passenger side does not get one. Only the driver side because of the high rise exhaust manifold. It’s basically there to protect the plug wires. I am looking for one myself.
Thank you for the info, much appreciated!

I don't know if this is helpful, but mine is stamped 2863599. It appears identical to the one in Barney's post #1.
That number doesn't show up in parts manuals from 1966, the first year to have sequential part numbers that high, right through 1971. Apparently another case of a Mopar part bearing a number that looks like a part number, but isn't the one assigned to that particular part.
I'm putting this information out there because you may find one being sold as 2863599 as I did, when the actual number is (P)2946105.

Actually, I think $300 is reasonable. He said "To complete" his engine compartment. So I would guess that he already has a very complete and stock looking engine bay. plus, I would think that only a person really interested in an authentic look would be looking for this part. If I were going in that direction, I'd drop $300 on that in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back