340 is knocking

-
ditto on the remflex. put a timing light on the engine and listen to the noise. if it goes in time with the light, its in the top end. if its 2x as fast as the light , its in the bottom end.

Got my new Remflex gaskets installed today. I am very pleased to say that the knocking is gone. Engine is running fine. I just need to fine tune the carb once it's road worthy/legal (bumpers lights and all)

So it was an exhaust leak. Thank goodness. Now onto the next oncoming gremlins :angel9:

Woohoo! Victory!!! Those incoming gremilins get old after awhile. Seems like every time I knock one down, I have 2 more pop-up in its place. Keep plugging away Dave, you will soon be on the road.

Got my new Remflex gaskets installed today. I am very pleased to say that the knocking is gone. Engine is running fine. I just need to fine tune the carb once it's road worthy/legal (bumpers lights and all)

So it was an exhaust leak. Thank goodness. Now onto the next oncoming gremlins :angel9:

Great news Dave

Thank goodness it was something relatively benign. Your oil pressure is really good in that motor. Now it`s my turn Dave. I`ve got either a noise in the valvetrain or an exhaust leak. It`s incredibly hard to discern where it`s coming from??? It`s always something with these cars........ but isn`t that part of why we do this?

glad to hear that. thats much better than anything else and probably much better than you were fearing good luck with the rest of the build hope it all goes smooth no little gremlins on you.

-
Back