340 lifter noise

-

dgoplen

Reaction score
ok i got my 340 together again and ran it,same dam lifter noise.i measured the pushrod witht the measuring tool.it was about 7.53 to get the preload to as close to .030 i could measure.so i got the 7.550pushrods that were already made.when i torqued the rocker shafts down the lifters at both ends of the cam were kinds mushy,now after i ran it the lifters are all full now.but it seems that the pushrods are to short as some of the rocker armsare loose .they slide side to side when the lifter is on the base and i can spin some of the puhrods easily. how tight are they suppose to be?
all this from using felpro 8553 head gaskets,if i had known they were so thick ,never again .

i take its a hdy cam ... i dont no the stock length off hand so my bag ...but you could use adj rockers .... your push rods should turn an your rockers will have a little side to side movement ... do ya have enough oil pressure ? just trying to fine some more info to help ...

60 psi the rockers are aimes to the outside ,does it matter left or right on either head. this engine ran great untill i put those felpro gaskets in .i wish i would have measured the ones that i took out.they were more of a steel/graphite material ,probaly mopar performance.

-
Back