340 manifold vs TTI's which set-up?

-

Johnny Dart

Reaction score
Hey guys,
As some of you might know I picked up a set of 340 manifols Friday.Well Sat at the Spring Fling I picked up a set of TTI's.

After I bought them I was talking to a guy who had a hopped 65 Valiant with a 318.Seemed like he knew what he was talking about.He told me that I would be better off with the 340 manifolds on my basically stock 318 with electronic ign and a 4bbl.He said I would lose some bottom end with the TTI's.

What do you guys think.
Anybody running TTI's on there stock 318?

I will be leaving the 318 in for a while so what set-up do I go with?

Thanks
John

Picture 374.jpg

Picture 376.jpg

I say do the job once and go with the TTI's. Long tube headers should help bottom end, not hurt it. How ever, putting TTI's in an early A, is a lot of work, pulling T bars and steering colume. and dropping steering linkage. Putting in the stock 340 manifolds would be a lot EASIER.

I'd be interested in buying your manifolds if you decide on the TTI's. I say go with the TTI's and sell the manifolds to me. :)

Keith Mopar said:
I say do the job once and go with the TTI's. Long tube headers should help bottom end, not hurt it. How ever, putting TTI's in an early A, is a lot of work, pulling T bars and steering colume. and dropping steering linkage. Putting in the stock 340 manifolds would be a lot EASIER.

These will be going in my 70 318 Dart.

The guy I was talking to believed bottom end would suffer with the puny 318 heads,and the 340 manifolds would be ideal.

No with those smaller step tti's they will work just fine. Go for it and sell the 340's... Someday you could always do a 1.88 by 1.60 valve job and maybe a little more cam to go with it. In either case I did hearers on mt Dad's 70 satalite years ago with a stock 318, only had a small 600 holley on a street dominator holley intake. The headers made it run much better. In fact I need to just do some minor carb jettng, so it did breather a bunch better than the stock iron ex. But the 340 ex are better than the 318 iron. I still would do the TTI's..

if it is truly 100% performance you are after, then go for the tti's. the stock iron won't match it. if it is 50% performance and 50% the look of a 340 then the stock iron can't be touched. personally if it were a true high performance build the answer is the tti's, but if it is a fun peppy 318/340 clone then go with the iron. maintence and the duribility of the iron is also a good factor. face it tti's or any brand header will slowly rust. at least everyone i have had before has. just my 2 cents................

This whole conversation is now a moot point.

The headers are for B and E body cars. :wack:

The difference is the A-body headers have a slip pipe on the #4 tube to clear the torsion bar.

So if anybody has a B or E body small block and is looking for some TTI's let me know.

Well a new set is $650.00.I would go $450.00.

Shipping would kill you in Canada.

-
Back