340 or 318 turbo

-

cali concept

Reaction score
I have a 1972 Dodge Dart with the 318 running engine, just picked up at 340 from Craigslist 1973 low compression 1967 Dodge Dart waiting for small block. I would like to build the turbo car as long as I remember. And this didn't help.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaGKq0s7CWY&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Turbo V8 - Franks VJ Chrysler Valiant - YouTube[/ame]
When I get a chance I'll go ahead and get the:mumum: parts list on here and maybe we can get some good ideas going here.

you should cruise on over to the forced induction threads and check out some of the builds.they turn out rightous but it takes time and dedication to say the least....not to mention $$$$$$$$$$$ ask maddart.

Do it.

After seeing that H6, I want one!

I've been planning a rear mount TT 360 for my '68 Charger and if I don't do that, I like the sound of that Aus H6. Maybe I'll ship one over the pond, just for the head scratch effect at car shows.

you should cruise on over to the forced induction threads and check out some of the builds.they turn out rightous but it takes time and dedication to say the least....not to mention $$$$$$$$$$$ ask maddart.

Thanks for the info should I reposted?

Unless ,you know fabrication,spray is SOOO MUCH cheaper,done correctly,on weekend warriors.

Thank you to everyone who is commenting, I tried running this on forced induction for whatever reason no comment. I will drop the 318 in there then set up a turbo should I put the 340 heads on as well?

I would say yes.
Normally the bigger heads rape the compression ratio, and make a soggy engine even soggier. BUT when you've got a pump cramming it down it's throat, that don't matter none. The bigger chambers help make the compression ratio more boost friendly. And the larger ports reduce the restriction the pressure fed charge encounters on it's path into the cylinders. This can mean a lower boost figure, but with more charge actually finding it's way into the cylinders. As it's compressed less, it'll typically heat up less. So it'll be more dense too.

well it's already got low comp.if it's a factory teener,putting those on there without milling will make it have comp. in the 7s.i think it would be better to put some 360 valves in the teener heads.

Pro injection three set up yes, no or maybe. I think it will fit well for my needs I am trying to go to hot august nights. I admit it's a bit much but its my first turbo set up they go boom when it does i can just swap everyhing over.

-
Back