340 or 408

-
Ok thanks guys. Can you bullet proof a 904 to handle some abuse? Does the 727 soak up too much HP,sort of like the Th350 - Th400 battle.

I would cast my vote for the 416 as well. I have a mild build; X-Heads with a little bowl work and stock exhaust manifolds. The car is very streetable and smooth all the way up to 5800 RPM when it can't pump any more air because of the restrictive exhaust manifolds. I ran high 12's with 3:55's but really more of a cruiser.

050711 Dart 013.MOV - YouTube

That sounds very nice. What muffler are you funning on there? and how big of an exhaust system.

I guess the question i was asking is... Is the 340 a rare engine, getting harder to come by? am i doing it a disservice by making it a stroker?

Either you have fun with it or your heirs will. I have one of the earliest know casted 340's in my Dart that I spray with a 150 shot of juice. Disservice? blah, go have fun.

If the only thing stopping you from stroking is cause 340 are somewhat rare I wouldn't worry about it stroke it. 904 can be built to handle the power and 727 will eat HP and not needed.

Well after some deliberation i am going to stick with the original goal of 400 hp and stay with the 340 build. Thank you for all of the input guys i appreciate it.

-
Back