340 Performance Question

-
Your buyer should have brains enough to know that torque is what he should be interested more in. If all he wants is horsepower figures, find a smarter buyer.

That engine as is would probably make around 350-360 LB FT of torque. That's pretty good for a street engine. Plenty enough to melt tires.

So everybody who knows anything who is concerned with HP is stupid? I can't name a SINGLE engine builder who sits around and frets over torque. Not one. Those of us (I'm including myself in this because I'm talking with people EVERY day who do the same thing I do) who have to make things go down the track and PRODUCE an E.T. worthy of the cost to build something correctly are not getting excited over extra torque.

In fact I know, for a fact that many times I find a way to kill torque to gain HP.

If you are concerned with impressing your friends with tire smoke then get excited about torque. For the rest of us, we will look at HP from minimum RPM to maximum RPM and match the drive train to make the combo come together.

It's the difference between keyboard hero's and actual engine builders who can actually verify dyno HP numbers at the track.

Just my .02

-
Back