340 rebuild

-

JokerDart

Reaction score
I have a 70 dart that I am running around 7.80s in the 1/8th mile. It has a forged crank, stock j heads, eddy torquer II manifold, mild cam, and 9.5 to 1 compression. This winter I am wanting to stroke to 4 inches, 12.5 to ross pistons, eagle crankshaft, eagle H rods, mechanical roller camshaft with .575 lift on both sides, and eddy aluminum heads that I will get pocket ported. Will have to get a bigger oil pan. I am going to keep the holley 750 and current manifold. Is anyone running something similar? I am expecting right around 600 horsepower at 6500 rpm. I moved in the leaf springs and put caltracs on it so I am having no problems launching the car and am not expecting any problems next year when I rebuild the engine.....Chris

You will have to get those Edelbrock's heavily ported to make 600 HP. Intake flow is going to need to be close to 300cfm to support that kind of HP. Check with Shady Dell Speed Shop about their stage 4 porting for the Edelbrock heads. They will also shoot you in the right direction on your build. Also, sell that intake and get a M1 single plane or equivalent.

-
Back