340 scoop on my duster

-

DusterBoy15

THE WISE(guy) MEMBER
Reaction score
how do i go about mounting a 340 scoop on my hood and making it functional thanks.

A link to another topic would be the best because i havent found any. and the ones i have found are for the dual scoop

My son and I put one on his duster. It's not that hard to do....just alot of hard work! We got the hood and scoop then ensured it was centred with the carb and air filter. Once the scoops in place we made a line all around it and put it a side. From the outer edge line we came in about 2" and made another line following the last line. You must be careful due to the under hood cross beams. We drilled spotting holes on the inner line then "slowly" cut the center out. Put the scoop back on..depending on your hood, you may have a center rise? We had the rise, so we used a school compass to trace the rise, then slowly sanded it out to fit in place.
After the hood was completly sanded and everything fit we used aircraft rivits to secure the scoop into postion, then the rest was just fiberglass sheets around the edges and filler to blind everything out.

That about it! Here a pic

scan0010 (Small).jpg

scan0004 (Small).jpg

scan0003.jpg

hood2.JPG

-
Back