340 stroker building

-

mopar_sweden

Reaction score
I am building a 340 stroker, and I would like to here some coments on the parts Im going to use.

The block will have K1 crankshaft and rods whit arp2000
and Dimond flat pistons, now I am going to use 150 hp of nitrous will this pistons be god?

thanks rikard

Depends on the machining on the block and the rest of the package, but it should be fine.

gap rings on loose side espec top ring for NOS too.

The block will be bored and toppdeckat, and line honed main bearings.
I have ported X-heads that I'm going to use.
I also thinking on to use a solid roller cam, but I don't now which one?
The car will be used both on the dragstrip and on the streets.

Depending on your fuel type you may want to go with dished rather than flat top. Flat tops in a 4" engine, even with open chambers (say 68-70ccs after milling) still make almost 11:1. I'd use dished SRPs instead at zero deck, set the chamber to 68ccs to yeild 10:1. I don't think I'd go higher than 10:1 if this has to run on Euro pump fuel. I think the fuel is equivilent to our pump 89. You do not want any possible ping or detonation and those open chambers like to get hot and cool spots.

Depending on your fuel type you may want to go with dished rather than flat top. Flat tops in a 4" engine, even with open chambers (say 68-70ccs after milling) still make almost 11:1. I'd use dished SRPs instead at zero deck, set the chamber to 68ccs to yeild 10:1. I don't think I'd go higher than 10:1 if this has to run on Euro pump fuel. I think the fuel is equivilent to our pump 89. You do not want any possible ping or detonation and those open chambers like to get hot and cool spots.
I agree 100 percent,wiseco flat tops and a clean up cut on my eddy heads gave me 11.2/1 compression,,,,,,,,,add a 150 shot and give me a bucket of popcorn because the show is about to begin, especially with the iron heads

I agree with the above, flat top pistons with open chamber heads is a bad combo especially when running pump gas. Keep in mind the 4" stroke raises the compression a lot compared to stock stroke small blocks.

Okay, I did a little research on octane. Euro octane is 4-5 points higher than your octane but it is the same. Sweden have 99 as the highest octane wich can be equal as yours 95-94.

I went with the KB745 step dish piston. That would get you right around 10:1 compression with those open chamber heads.

-
Back