340 stroker motor

-

nwdart

Reaction score
we got her done and in after 14,15 months. Got a couple test hits last race of the season before the rain shut us down in boise. Ran my 380 magnum crate motor all summer with a best 11.71 1.56 60 foot in 80 degree weather. Got a 1.480 60, 4.23 330 first test run on the new motor at 3300 foot adjusted altitude and bad air. Changed to strange double adjustable coil overs and 456 gears from the 488 and non adjustable coils that were on the car before. Never got a chance for a full run before the rain but I was faster than the vega I ran thru 330 foot and he ran it out 10.43 at 128. Car is a totally different creature now and will be a blast this summer, hard to wait until March to run again but happy to finally get to this point.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Very nice. Can you quickly run through the specs (beyond what was mentioned above) on the motor/trans/rear/suspension? Looks like fun times ahead.

430 cubes 4.070 bore 4.125 stroke molnar crank,racetec pistons, comp cam .649 lift [email protected] Chevy 6.125 rods total seal rings, super victor manifold and closed chamber eddies both have a lot deburing work done to flow. CSR water pump, 850 quick fuel carb ,Tti ,vac pump set up. 904 trans 8 3/4 rear with 35 spline 456 spool Morrison ladder bars 30 inch tire and rms front k manual rack with will woods. Painted it myself in my garage and learned a lot of what not to do. Lol. I weighed the car after paint with the iron headed magnum,727 with gear vender overdrive set up and it was 2740. Going to yank the quarter Windows and all the regulators next. Will be racing at mission BC this coming summer and at 20 foot above sea level should be low tens.

A good friend runs a 64 chevelle 431 427 all glass big tire car. Should have seen his expression when he heard the little 340 fire off, it was priceless! Told him it had small journal Chevy rods, he said you had to get horsepower somewhere with a smile on his face and I said had to find some cheap parts somewhere!

-
Back