340 upgrade

-
Depends on what ur doing with he car
Bump compression up a little
Port heads, good valve job
Port intake
Get cam spec to you flow numbers and what matches ur gears,tq converoter in the car currently have a good company go thru ur carb I use CSU Kevin in so cal

That's a stock rebuild type of one

If u have the money
Csu built double pumper
Ported eddy heads
Ported victor 340
Solid roller
13:1 e85
Built 904/lupo custom veroter

gizmo...

340's respond well to just "bolt on" stuff. for a quick 50 horse power, here's my 2 cents: holley 750 double pump with mechanical secondaries; a good aluminum manifold like an edlebrock "high rise" or "x-manifold"; headers, a hotter mallory ignition/coil; hotter spark plugs; a viscous radiator fan; a good exhaust system with low restriction mufflers in either an "X" pipe or "H" pipe design. i would also suggest a good "racing" motor oil and if you don't already have one - a mopar "unsilenced" air cleaner. as a final point, and some FABO folks here will laugh because this is realy "old school" but there used to be kits called "cool cans" which were basically a large aluminum can with a copper coil in it that you hooked up to the fuel line right before the carb. when you were getting ready to "street race", you would go to a hamburger joint, get a couple large cups of ice and dump them into the can. the ice "cools" the gas before it goes through the carb and results in a hotter/faster detonation. cool cans were probably good for a tenth of a second at the drag strip - and will really impress your buddies right before a street race.

good luck... !! :0)

-
Back