340 value and other parts prices.

-
Reaction score
I'm looking at selling a rebuilt low miles 340 engine, pan to heads, no intake or distributor.
It has a 280* .480 lift cam , 9.1-9.5 pistons and 2.02 j heads, its a 71 block that's .020 over...
I have an idea of what I want for it, but wanna check the going rate as to be realistic with pricing.....So what do u all think would be a fair price would be?

Does it come with the exhaust manifolds? If so which style hipo or log style?

Dude I have a few sets of late 60's 340 exh manifolds, I have a lot packed away.
I'm selling it as a long block, if someone want exhaust manilfolds I will make a deal.

Complete engines used or even rebuilt from a private party is a hard sell. If it's in a car and someone can test drive it maybe $2,500.

Sitting on the garage floor or a stand there is so much risk involved buying an engine your lucky to get core prices. I would say $1,200 tops if your lucky.

Well...its in a car, car is not road worthy yet however...but i can fire it up if that's what people want...I can do a leak down test on it.....otherwise, ill have to scatter it, Mic everything, run a bore gauge through all holes...take pics and then re seal it so those interested can be sure..but the price will go up quite a bit. I have a good rep, that might be worth something.
This might be too much trouble, I just figure I have a few 340's and could let one go and put the money into something else...but some people ruin it for guys like me by selling junk motors and making everyone gun shy.

Justin, Last 340 I sold was a long block with an LD340, 72 Block, Mopar Perf. swirl port heads. Unknown internals. Low oil pressure but I cought it in time so it was knocking yet, LOL. I got $800.

Last one I bought was built ported heads, big cam 11:1vicotr intake, and Dyno'd for me before delivery by a well known builder on Moparts for $2500.

I'm looking at selling a rebuilt low miles 340 engine, pan to heads, no intake or distributor.
It has a 280* .480 lift cam , 9.1-9.5 pistons and 2.02 j heads, its a 71 block that's .020 over...
I have an idea of what I want for it, but wanna check the going rate as to be realistic with pricing.....So what do u all think would be a fair price would be?

Are you one of the internet savy people that can take a video with it running and post it on line? If so that might get you some decent money from an area where the motors are hard to find.

Also where are you located? that might help spark some interest.

Hey Justin,
Everyone always wants a deal and not to pay for near the money it costs to build it right...Machine cost alone are high...
Local buddy of mine craiglisted a 340 built right and got a couple thousand miles on it...He got 2500 for the shortblock.
It kind of what the market will bear....They ain't making them any more!!!LOL
Go with your gut on this one...I know you are a fair guy !!!
All our cars are worth more parted out !!! LOL

-
Back