340plot ripoff

-

replicaracer43

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Well, just letting the peeps know, STILL haven't gotten the transmission case he promised a year ago....... I know lots of guys like his spray can restorations, but I aint happy......

"Promised". Does this mean promised to get shipped out because it was paid for? Or promised as in "I got one you can have"? Just askin'.

Well... I guess I got off lucky then! He sent me a beautiful set of A pillar trim for my Duster about a year and a half ago....No problems!

I saw another thread on here fairly recently about a rad that he donated to a benefit auction for Badlilred after he had a bad accident. The winning bidder paid for it, and never received his item.

I have always liked Joe, and really enjoyed the resto thread he did on "Pinky"! I don't know what misfortune has come his way, but it must be pretty bad, because he has always been a man of his word.

If you are reading this Joe.... Let us know if you need some help!

He sent me a manual A body gearbox. Scott free. Not defending what's happened here, but maybe there's a good reason?

He sent me a manual A body gearbox. Scott free. Not defending what's happened here, but maybe there's a good reason?
I did go though some of his old threads and seen he had a post bout not having a buck to his name ........... Maybe this is whats goin on he fell on hard times like some of us here .

found this to help i THINK this is what the OP is talking bout
I been waiting for over a year to get a 4 speed transmission case from him, after driving out of state to buy it, (the 4 speed and other parts) and getting there only to find a busted case..I paid him, and he promised a replacement case... never hered a word since..

I think he's in the Martinsville area? Maybe a member from that area might know him and can check in. Not like the takeback man, but just to make sure he's ok and see if we can get a resolution. I know some people didn't like how he flipped stuff, but he WAS saving Mopars.....I always counted him as one of the good guys here. Even talked to him on the phone a time or two. I may have his number still. I'll look.

when I bought a set of rallye rims off of him that turned out to be junk he was slow on shippin I tracked him down and called his local sheriffs office he got in contact with me then. just be prepared he seems to get alittle cranky towards you when you do that. it seems to me that he is a junk seller

I still think we need more details. Did you pay for it? Was it free? Did you pay for shipping?

I bought a set of 4" to 4 1/2" wheel adapters from Joe and they turned out to be 4" to 4 3/4" but he refunded the money. I know he has dealt with shattered pipes and a host of other issues that would have taken a good man down.

I have taken time to research what has been posted on this subject by the op and no doubt Joe should have taken care of this tranny case if what the op posted is accurate.

I bought a set of 4" to 4 1/2" wheel adapters from Joe and they turned out to be 4" to 4 3/4" but he refunded the money. I know he has dealt with shattered pipes and a host of other issues that would have taken a good man down.

I have taken time to research what has been posted on this subject by the op and no doubt Joe should have taken care of this tranny case if what the op posted is accurate.
Then you still know more then me cuz im still lost

I still think we need more details. Did you pay for it? Was it free? Did you pay for shipping?
It all started over a year ago, he advertised a 360/4 speed combo on here that was in a duster he was parting out. We talked about the engine and trans, agreed on a price, and it was understood it was a running and driving setup with no issues. So I drove to his place, I am in NC, get out, and the FIRST thing I see is the bottom of the case busted, and being bolted together with only three bolts.. I said "Joe, how did you miss this"? He got really upset about it, dunno why... after he calmed down, I told him I would still buy it, for a reduced price. He didn't want to do that, so he agreed to get a nice case and ship it to me, so I paid the asking price in cash, on the spot. Then, he said he needed to clean up, and get rid of a bunch of other parts, I ended up buying a truckload of parts, hoods, k frames, radiators, ect, all at an agreed price. At one point as the truck was getting overloaded, I said Joe, I didn't bring but just so much money as I wasn't planning on a liquidation sale. He said no problem, I could send him the rest when I got back home. I think it ended up being like 3 or 4 hundred dollars. So I came home. I got to thinking, I better wait and see if I do get this trans case.... well, nope, he never sent one, and started a thread about how I cheated him, got such a killer deal ect...so to try to keep my rep clean, I went ahead and sent the little money I owed him, that's been probally 8 months, no trans case, no refund, no opolgys

I see your point . But being you can drive there . Why not just load everything up and take it all back for a refund if you think you paid to much.

That ear can be spray welded back in place and the redrilled and milled. I would rather keep the original case the parts are in.

I had Shady Dell Speed shop break off both ears with dowel pins off my X block. While installing it on a dyno. My Son welded them with Shartanium rods. and had to biuld up the missing piece. Then re drilled for dowel pins. We also welded right rear lifter bores back in. They break from roller cams. on high number porous blocks. Weak area on -6 on up blocks.

What I am trying to say is its a $40.00 dollar fix with the trans together. I get $1200 for a complete set up with all parts. what you see is what you get.

I had a bad dealing with him myself. You have to think of what you left with for the money you paid. I wouldn't have given you a case for a broken ear that is an easy fix. Go to a junk yard with a hammer and bust off a ear from anything and put it on. The right shop and you will never see the repair. Steve

I see your point . But being you can drive there . Why not just load everything up and take it all back for a refund if you think you paid to much.

That ear can be spray welded back in place and the redrilled and milled. I would rather keep the original case the parts are in.

I had Shady Dell Speed shop break off both ears with dowel pins off my X block. While installing it on a dyno. My Son welded them with Shartanium rods. and had to biuld up the missing piece. Then re drilled for dowel pins. We also welded right rear lifter bores back in. They break from roller cams. on high number porous blocks. Weak area on -6 on up blocks.

What I am trying to say is its a $40.00 dollar fix with the trans together. I get $1200 for a complete set up with all parts. what you see is what you get.

I had a bad dealing with him myself. You have to think of what you left with for the money you paid. I wouldn't have given you a case for a broken ear that is an easy fix. Go to a junk yard with a hammer and bust off a ear from anything and put it on. The right shop and you will never see the repair. Steve
Well there was a agreed on price before hand, based on no damage, but when I got there I saw the broken case, It was really obvious. NOW, however easy it is to repair, was not part of the agreement. I didn't go to buy a truckload of parts, he wanted to unload a ton of stuff, and I am a cash buyer so it was a good opportunity for him to have a swap meet sale at his house.. If you will read a little farther, I posted that he could come to MY place with a truck, and pick up ALL the parts, and return my money... he never said a word about that, then he disappeared, its my understanding that he moved..

Bottom line is, no matter if it was the deal of the century or the worst deal ever, I satisfied my end of the agreement by paying the agreed price, he didn't uphold his end by sending me the case he promised, as was agreed..I coulda keep they extra money I owed him, but I was honest and sent it in good faith....:wack:

Man I have no clue what do say or do here so im not going to be any help here . Im gone ................................

Well, I hope it gets resolved to satisfy both of yall.

Bottom line is, no matter if it was the deal of the century or the worst deal ever, I satisfied my end of the agreement by paying the agreed price, he didn't uphold his end by sending me the case he promised, as was agreed..I coulda keep they extra money I owed him, but I was honest and sent it in good faith....:wack:

I don't disagree you did handle it like a man. But you should take it as a lesson learned. I just thought that you should know you are better off keeping the case with its original side cover and tailshaft.

You can't get blood out of a rock. He has more excuses then anyone I ever dealt with.. He wouldn't answer my phone calls. So I called him from a different number. He lied to and avoided me for a month.

-
Back